Little Lady, Big Guy and Me

The daily adventures of MeMom (a part time SAHM) Big Guy (MBA student at University of Michigan) and Little Lady (adorable 13 month old).

Friday, November 11, 2005

The Mommy and Me Movie...

Yesterday the LL and I went to a mommy and me movie. It was our first time. Never have I been to a movie where it seemed to me that I had been working out before, but there is a first time for everything I guess.

The mommy and me movie sounds like a great idea, and it really wasn't that bad. The movie itself, The legend of Zorro, was bad but the overall concept of having the LL at the movie theater was nice. LL was on my lap for a total of 2 minutes and 30 seconds of the entire movie. The other 2 hours we spent climbing the steps and climbing on me. It wasn't that bad, it was nice to be in a theater again, it was nice to have some popcorn but I was exhausted and on sensory overload when I left. The loud movie, the other children, LL all over the place, it was a bit much.

Next week's movie is "Prime" with Uma Thermond. I think I'll wait until it is a more child friendly movie to go again. Not because I am worried about exposing the LL to sex or "adult language", but simply because I would like to pay attention to the movie if it seems like something I would like. Zorro was no loss, I knew going in that I wouldn't care too much about it and didn't mind chasing the LL all over the place while it was going on. I spent a lot of time wishing she was like most of the babies in the theater; asleep in her carrier. I was kicking myself for not attending these movies last year, but then again, that would have meant that I would have had to leave the house and I didn't do much of that last year either.


If I have to keep reminding myself that it "wasn't that bad" then it probably wasn't that good either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home